Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Word of the Day is "`Ānela"

Credit: Depositphotos.com/Ewa Mazur
Aloha mai kākou,

Atop our tree is an angel whose wings light up and cast a spherical light around the room. What does an angel symbolize to you? The `ānela (ahh nay lah) signifies peace to me, as it does to many. I have been graced with many different forms of angels this past year. In times of need, or when things seem a bit chaotic, friends and family have shown their generosity more than I could ever ask for.

Like the past 3 years, I took my children to the Mall and picked out 2 angel tags from a charity sponsored Christmas tree. My children shopped around for the items requested, purchased them, and returned them as an anonymous donation. This organization had helped a family member of mine years ago. I hope that my children will continue this tradition of the ‘angel tree’ to remember those who don’t have much. My daughter asked me, “mommy, what do you want for Christmas? I want to make sure I have enough to get the best gift for you”. Of course I replied, “ The three of you are my everlasting gifts from God, and I will be forever content”…..

A hui hou,

Haunani

No comments:

Post a Comment