Monday, December 24, 2012

The Word of the Day is "Kanakaloka"

Credit: Depositphotos.com/Pavel Chernobrivets
Aloha mai kākou,

We’re almost done with 2012, but not before the arrival of “Kanakaloka” (Santa Claus)! There’s a song called , “Here comes Santa, in a red canoe” that I grew up hearing. But I have to admit, that I never had the pleasure of actually witnessing Santa in a Canoe. He always arrived in a car, or by foot! Lol. The closest would have to be a Hawaiian Santa, complete with surf shorts, an aloha shirt, and a big red bag of gifts! The mall Santa, is who my kids grew up with. In our small town, there’s not too many other opportunities to see anyone else, so in their eyes…. He’s it! *smiles*. I’ll leave you with a link to my favorite Hawaiian Christmas song…

The 12 days of Christmas, Hawaiian style…..


A hui hou,

Haunani

No comments:

Post a Comment