Monday, October 29, 2012

The Word of the Day is "Kanakē"

Credit: Depositphotos.com/David Smith

Aloha mai kākou,

We’re entering into an important holiday that we in Hawai`i celebrate with a passion. Yes, its that time of year to put on your best costume, take the kids for some trick-or-treating, and try your best to keep your hands off of the candy! Ok, I’m speaking for myself about the candy…. Lol. Candy in Hawaiian is “ kanakē “ (ka na kay…. Yup, exactly how it sounds). I think it was the goal for us kids growing up to see who could get the most! In my older age, and with my own children, I’m more concerned on just how long it’ll take for the candy to disappear from the fridge…. Hehe. I can admit that it actually stays in our fridge for quite a while, and it is then used for gingerbread house decorations...for Christmas…. SERIOUS….LOL. Well, I hope you all keep safe and enjoy the upcoming festivity.

A hui hou,

Haunani

No comments:

Post a Comment