Friday, October 26, 2012

The Word of the Day is "Kumu Niu"

Aloha mai kākou,

As we head into the end of another week, I thought it was a great idea to treat myself to some authentic Hawaiian food today. After I ate a lau lau, some kālua pork, and a little lomi salmon, I felt my body just relax, wishing I had a cot and could take a nap under one of the many coconut trees. The coconut tree or “kumu niu” (koo moo nee oo) is today’s word. Brought to the islands by the first Polynesian settlers, the habitat is a perfect place for these sturdy palm trees. They are tall and balmy, but be careful of falling coconuts….. you could be injured. *yawns*…. Satisfied tummy, heavy eyelids, light breeze, beautiful sunny day, under the coconut tree….. Heaven!

A hui hou,

Haunani

No comments:

Post a Comment